Incline Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Incline Bench Press develops the mass and strength of the pectoral muscles (specially upper regions) and front deltoids. The incline angle of Incline bench press hits the upper pecs really hard. The main benefit in doing incline bench press is to develop the upper portion of the pectoral muscles.
Also Known As: Incline Barbell Bench Press or Incline Press
Targeted Muscle: Upper Chest (Pectoralis Major, Clavicular Fiber)
Other Muscle(s): Triceps (Triceps Brachii), Shoulders (Deltoid, Anterior)
Instructions for doing Barbell Incline Bench Press
- Lie back on an incline bench.
- Use a grip slightly wider than your shoulders (A narrow grip will focus too much on triceps, while a wide grip will focus too much on shoulders).
- lift the bar from the rack and hold it straight over you with your arms locked. This will be your starting position.
- Slowly lower the barbell down to the top of your chest as far as possible without touching your body and breath in.
- Take a 1 second pause, bring the bar back to the starting position as you breathe out.
- Push the bar using your chest muscles. Lock your arms in the contracted position, squeeze your chest, Lock your back on bench (don’t allow the rear deltoids to come off the bench), hold for a second and then start coming down slowly again. TIP: Don’t “bounce” the bar off your chest. Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight, especially on the way down. Lowering the weight should take about twice as long as raising it.
- Repeat this movement for the prescribed/recommended amount of repetitions.
- When you are done, place the bar back in the rack.
If you are new at this exercise, we advise that you use a helper/spotter. If no helper/spotter is available, then be use weight with which you are comfortable. Bar should fall on your upper chest and nowhere else.
- You can use several angles on the incline bench if the one you are using is adjustable.
- Can do the variation as per your strength, fitness level or body requirement
- Sets: 4
- Reps: 12, 12, 10, 10
- Angel: 45 degree
Stay safe… Stay fit… Good Luck…
3,042 total views, 3 views today