Incline Dumbbell Curl
Incline dumbbell curl is an isolation exercise for targeting the biceps specially long head. Since the long head of the biceps makes up the majority of the biceps peak and the incline dumbbell curl better targets the long head, the incline dumbbell curl is the better exercise for maximizing the biceps peak.
Also Known As: Incline Bicep Curl, Alternate Incline Dumbbell Curl, Alternate Incline Bicep Curl
Other Muscles: Brachialis, Brachioradialis
Instructions for doing Incline Dumbbell Curl:
- Find a set of suitably weighted dumbbells
- Adjust an incline bench at around 40 – 60 degrees
- Grasp both the dumbbells and sit back on the bench with your arms extended down by the sides
- Keep your elbows close to your torso
- Now rotate the palms of your hands until they are facing forward. This will be your starting position.
- Flex at the elbow to curl the dumbbells upward, keeping your upper arms fixed perpendicular to the ground and breathe out.
- Hold the contracted position for a second. Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement, then slowly lower back to the starting position and breathe in.
Tips & Cautions:
- Make sure you keep the tension on both bicep muscles throughout the entire set.
- Keep your elbow slightly bent to keep the tension on the muscle.
- You should also keep the rep timing slow and control the weight on the way down.
- Incline Dumbbell Curl can alternatively be done with both the hands at a same time in synchronized movement.
- Sets: 4
- Reps: 12, 12, 10, 10
Stay safe… Stay fit… Good Luck…
5,969 total views, 6 views today