Tabata – Best 4 mins Fat Loss Workout
Tabata – An Introduction
(Best 4 min Fat Loss Workout Routine)
Everyone now- a- days has hectic life and do not have to time to go Gym or don’t want to go to Gym for a long cardio workout or can’t go to Gym due to any personal reason. The good news is there is no need to spend hours on the treadmill or cross trainer etc. to lose fat. All you need is four minutes.
The type of training I am going to explain in this post is a unique and very effective fat loss workout routine that can be done at home too. Apart from this it is more efficient and effective than all traditional cardio exercises.
This unique Fat loss workout routine has a unique name i.e. Tabata Training. Tabata training was introduced by Japanese scientist Dr. Izumi Tabata and a team of researchers from the National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo. The name Tabata comes from the man who invented it
The basis of Tabata Training is four minutes of HIIT i.e. High Intensity interval training or circuit training where we need to do 20 seconds of High Intensity training and then 10 seconds interval/rest and Repeat 7 more times for a total of 8 sets (which equals four minutes). Its 2:1 work:rest ration.
A good example is sprinting for 20 seconds and then walking for 10 seconds (8 times)
Tabata training is not new and is popular world-wide but unfortunately it’s not that popular in India.
World class fitness institutes like Reebok Crossfit promotes Tabata workout. In Bollywood stars like Arjun Rampal, Farhan Akhtar, Hritik Roshan and Vidyut Jamwal are regular Tabata practioners with wonderful physique. I am not a popular person like them but yes I am also a tabata training practitioner for last 3 years. And I have got awesome results with it and did major transformations.
- It is not only good Fat loss workout plan but also help you reach your fitness goal as this routine works on all 5 essential components of fitness i.e. Body composition, Muscle endurance/strength, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance.
- Tabata training will raise your metabolism and heart rate immediately due to high intensity workout. With this mechanism your metabolism will stay at that high not only during the workout even after that too which means that your body will be burning fat for hours after which makes it a best fat loss workout.
- In comparison with traditional cardio i.e. jogging etc. you will burn 70-80% more calories in 4 minutes.
- There are chances of injuries in back, knees while running or doing cross trainers but with Tabata there are no such injuries.
- More type II muscle fibers used, resulting in increased muscle definition.
- Researches showed that it increases testosterone in men and human growth hormone in women (HGH is increased by up to 450% during 24 hours post workout). This is super news because HGH is not only responsible for increase caloric burn, but also slows down the aging process) which help muscles rebuild after a workout.
- According to the studies, it has came to the notice that human body get habitual of doing jogging/running after a certain period of time and human body stop losing fat. But in Tabata you give your body surprises every time with different high intensity exercises and get desired result with every workout routine.
Tabata Training can be done with a number of different exercises. The idea is to use an exercise that gets the whole body involved, or at least the major muscle groups. Tabata Training can be done with barbells, dumbells, kettlebells or just bodyweight exercises.
You have to choose the exercises according to your strength and fitness goals. Whichever exercise you choose, your choices should use a large number of muscles to get maximum benefit.
Following the very small list of exercises just as example which can be included with Tabata training:
- Mountain climber
- Jumping jacks
- Military jumps
- Frog Jumps
- Spider Walk
- Push ups
- Pull ups
I have chosen 4 basic exercises (Mountain Climber, Frog Jumps, Jumping Jacks and Military Jumps) to demonstrate in this video as beginners should not jump to the high intensity training. First start with basic ones and according to you stamina, strength etc. increase the intensity of the exercises.
Make sure to add a nutritional program into your Tabata routine for the best and fastest results possible if losing weight is your goal. Nutrition is an important component of stay fit and being active. If you have poor nutrition, then your fitness goals will not be achieved. You will also not have the energy needed to workout at this level and intensity.
If you’re short on time or can’t go to gym then Tabata is the best choice for you to stay fit. Incorporate this type of workout into your daily routine or fitness routine and produce results.
Ok friends that’s it for Best fat Loss workout routine… for 15 easy tips for Weight Loss, Sample Diet Plan for Weight Loss, Weight Loss foods & home remedies and other weight loss related or fitness related videos and discussion please read our other articles too, subscribe to the site and our Youtube channel.
Good luck… Stay fit… Stay safe… and let the fitness rocks…
11,690 total views, 1 views today